ISSUED: stories of service, August 2022-present
- Founding Faculty Editor of ISSUED, a literary journal featuring the stories of active-duty, veterans, and military affiliated persons, that’s co-edited by students and sponsored by the OVMAE at ASU.
Revisionary Arts, July 2020-present
- Founder of the therapeutic poetry nonprofit committed to the well-being of marginalized communities, healthcare workers, and the community at large.
Grey Matter, May 2020-present
- Faculty editor of the medical poetry journal at the University of Arizona Biomedical campus-Phoenix.
The Revolution (Relaunch), June 2019-present
- Founding editor of the creative resurgence of the women’s rights newspaper founded by Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Susan B. Anthony in 1868.
- Publishes socially conscious and relevant poetry and prose, profiles and interviews, short essays and book reviews, photographs, and excerpts from the original suffrage publication.
rinky dink press (rdp), November 2015-present
- Founding editor of the DIY micro-poetry press that’s published over 100 single-author micro-collections to date.
Write On, Downtown: A Journal of Phoenix Creativity, January 2007-May 2022
- Co-founder and editor of the community-focused creative writing journal that’s co-edited by interns on ASU’s Downtown Phoenix campus.
Public Projects (2010-2020)
Poetry Illuminated, summer 2020-April 2021
- curator of the glow-in-the-dark public art project for the city of Goodyear, AZ
AZ Poets Speak, April 2020-present
- curator and host of the monthly program sponsored by Arizona Humanities
19th Amendment Centennial Celebration, 2020
- narrator of the “Declaration of Rights and Sentiments” (authored by Elizabeth Cady Stanton) for the ASU-produced video “19th Amendment: 100 Years and Counted.“
Phoenix Chorale, summer-fall 2019
- author of “Out of the Ashes,” lyrics for the chorale’s first song about Phoenix
The 7th Ave. Streetscapes, Fall 2017-April 2018
- judge/curator of the 6 “streetscape” public art poems
- awarded a 2019 Crescordia Award (Public Art category), sponsored by Arizona Forward
The Poetry Spot, March 2018-August 2019
- co-curator of the weekly poetry “column” in the Arizona Republic
First Friday Poetry on Roosevelt Row, February 2018-October 2019
- founder/host of the multi-modal poetry showcase that takes place during the monthly First Friday art walk in the heart of the historic Roosevelt Row art district
New Phx Voices: Teen Poetry Workshop and Open Mic at Burton Barr/South Mountain Libraries, June 2017-May 2018
- monthly facilitator of the craft talk/workshop and open mic
Phoenix Community Poetry Gardens, October 2017-December 2017
- founder and facilitator of the poetic mural project that was the recipient of a Lincoln Center Fellowship
We Are Downtown, Jan 2014-Dec 2015
- artistic director of the 8-member team from the Watts College of Public Solutions that curated qualitative, visual, and creative data
Four Chambers: The Heart of Literature in Phoenix, August 2013-August 2018
- poetry editor for the Phoenix-based Four Chambers (FC) Journal and Four Chambers Press
First Friday Poetry in Heritage Square, Fall 2011-Spring 2012
- organizer/Host of the monthly poetry series that featured Black Poet Ventures, an LGBTQ event, poets and fiction writers from across the university and community
Phoenix Poetry Series, January 2008-April 2020
- co-founder, curator, and host of the monthly poetry series that featured 2-3 poets per month, from the established to the emerging, the university to the community